Topics Map > IT Services > Device Support
ResNet - Device Compatability
Which devices will work with Wired and Wireless connections in the Residence Halls
Rules of Thumb
- If a device has a built-in ethernet port, it will most likely be able to receive a wired ethernet connection.
- If a device is a "Smart" device (excluding smart TVs) it will most likely NOT work on campus (e.g. fans, speakers, lights, outlets, etc.)
- Roku Smart TVs that do not have an ethernet port, will not receive an internet connection on campus.
Devices that are compatible with Titan WiFi must be able to accept a username and password when connecting.
Titan WiFi Guest
The guest network does not support online gaming with consoles.
- Nintendo DS Handhelds
- Video Game Consoles
- Game Consoles
- Smart TVs (with an ethernet port)
- Laptop and Desktop Computers
- Roku 3, 4, Ultra, Premiere + (with an ethernet port)
- Amazon Fire Cube
- Apple TV
- Blu-Ray Players
These devices have no compatibility with the campus networks and will not work in residence halls. If a device is not listed above, it likely will not work on campus.
- Wireless printers
- Smart Speakers (Amazon Echo, Google home)
- TV Streaming Devices (Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Roku Stick)