NetID Password - Reset using Self Service Password Reset
This document will walk you through resetting your forgotten or expired netID password using Self Service Password Reset.
Using Self Service Password Reset
- Go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com
- In the User ID box input your full email address including the @uwosh.edu
- In the next box type in the characters provided to you.
- Click Next. A window will show with the options that you setup for self service reset.
- If you receive a message that you have not set up self password reset, you will need to call our Help Desk at 920-424-3020. After you reset your password, set up SSPR to use this feature in the future.
- Choose the option you would like to use to reset your password, and fill in the information you have selected.
- Verify the information
- Phone call - will call the number you list (follow the prompt)
- Text - will text the number you listed (enter the verification code)
- Security Questions - will ask you to answer your chosen questions
- Once verified, the change password screen will show for you to enter your new password
- IMPORTANT PASSWORD REQUIREMENTS:
- Passwords must be at least 14 charters long
- You must use 3 of the following:
- Upper Case Letter
- Lower Case Letter
- Special Character
- You cannot reuse a previous password
- You cannot use your first or last name
- You cannot use your ID number or username
- Confirm the new password and click finish.
- If you receive an error make sure you are following all of the Password Requirements shown above.