Migrate from Old Kaltura to New Kaltura
Information on migrating from the old Kaltura System to the New Kaltura system. Old Kaltura will be inaccessible on June 30, 2020
Many faculty and staff are aware of our online video storage that goes by a few names, My Media, Kaltura and Mediaspace. If you’ve created a podcast, used lecture capture, had videos converted to digital format or have had videos created and added to campus webpages or courses, you most likely have videos stored in your MyMedia/Kaltura account.
Compare old and new system
- View Old System: To see a list of your videos in the “old” MyMedia/Kaltura go to:
- To login, click LOGIN in the upper right and use your NetId (don’t include @uwosh.edu) and password.
- Click on your name in the upper right, and select My Media from the drop-down menu.
- You should then see a list of all the videos that are in the “old” MyMedia/Kaltura.
- View New System in Canvas: To see a list of your videos in the “new” MyMedia/Kaltura, from within Canvas
- Click on Account in the Global Navigation
- Click My Media from the pop-out menu
- You should then see a list of all the videos in the "new" system.
- View New System in the website: Alternatively you can,
- Go to https://mediaspace.wisconsin.edu/
- To login, click GUEST in the upper right and use your NetId (don’t include @uwosh.edu) and password.
- Click on your name in the upper right
- Select "My Media" from the drop-down menu. You will see the same list of videos as you would logging in through Canvas.
Move videos from old to new system
- Download videos from the old system (KB Article)
- Upload videos from your desktop to the the new Kaltura system inside Canvas (KB Article)
- Upload videos to the new Kaltura website mediaspace.wisconsin.edu