Canvas - Collaboration error with using Office 365
When using Offie 365 document in the Collaboration tool some students are getting an authentication error. This is Canvas' suggested fix.
1. Log in to Canvas, go to Account on the left hand side and then click Settings
2. On the settings page, scroll down under Approved Integrations and click the Trash can icon next to "Office365 Prod Iad". (See here: https://screencast.com/t/dOBoWt82eRI) If there are multiple that say "Office365 Prod Iad" I would make sure to click the trash can next to each of them to remove them. (This removes the token for Office 365 on the Canvas side of things)
3. Next you will want to remove the Office 365 LTI token from the Microsoft side of things. To do this you will navigate to your app permissions in Office here: https://portal.office.com/account/#apps. Then look for "Office365 LTI Prod IAD" and "Canvas" and click the Revoke button for each of them, then click ok. (See here: https://screencast.com/t/IcPqaARXE) If you don't see either "Canvas" or "Office365 LTI Prod IAD" there this is good. It means the token no longer exists.
4. Double check if there is the "Canvas" folder in the o365 account, the user can log in to their o365 account, click in to their OneDrive, then to My Files, and check the folders from there. If that folder isn't there, make sure that is added to that area ensuring it is labeled the exact same ("Canvas")
5. Next log in to Canvas in an incognito or private browsing window. Here is a site which shows you how to use incognito/private browsing for each specific browser: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001378.htm
6. Once in Canvas, navigate to your assignment that uses Office 365 and you should be prompted to authorize or log in.
7. Log in using your Microsoft account that is associated with your course (use your UW Oshkosh NetID username and password).