Jabber - FAQs
This document addresses some frequently asked questions regarding Jabber.
I'm using Jabber on my phone and it isn't connecting properly and/or it says "Invalid credentials for phone service". How do I restore phone service?
There are a few options:
- Verify that you're typing your username and password correctly
- NetID credentials are used in everything from Canvas to Outlook, see if you can sign in there and if not, then it may be a NetID issue
- Be advised: resetting Jabber may clear out settings/contact information.
- Reset Jabber by selecting reset Jabber under the Sign In when you launch the Jabber app (requires being logged out of Jabber)
I am part of a Hunt Group but am I not sure how to access it. How do I access it?
Jabber on a mobile device:
- Click the icon with your initials in the upper left corner
- Select Hunt Group
Jabber on the desktop app:
- Click on the menu on the left hand side the two overlapping boxes
- Select Log in to Hunt Groups
How do I transfer a call using Jabber?
- Click the ellipses (three dots) in the active call window.
- Select Transfer. This will put the call on hold.
- Type the name of the person or the phone number in the search box
- Click the desired person from the list or click the phone icon
- Press Transfer to complete the transfer
If you need further assistance, please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com.