Topics Map > IT Services > File Storage & Sharing
S: or U: - Cannot Connect to S and/or U Drive
Troubleshooting steps when no U drive is showing
Note: New employees starting after March 20, 2022 will not have a U drive created. Please utilize OneDrive for work file storage.
- Make sure you are logged in to the computer with your employee UWO NetId username.
- Try accessing any website to make sure you have a network connection.
No Network Connection (no websites can be accessed)
- Check that the network cable is plugged into the back of the computer and into an active jack.
Windows - Manually Map (for Off Campus Use on University-Owned Devices)
- Connect to Palo Alto Global Protect VPN Client (log in with your netID credentials, no @uwosh.edu).
- Open File Explorer (looks like a folder on the Taskbar)
- Click on This PC from the left menu.
- Select Computer from the menu on the top.
- Select Map Network Drive twice.
- Type in the following depending on which drive needs to be added:
- Users (U: Drive):
- Drive: U
- Folder: \\wfc.uwoad.it.uwosh.edu\Users\
- Shared (S: Drive):
- Drive: S
- Folder: \\wfc.uwoad.it.uwosh.edu\Shared
- Select Finish.
- Make sure you are logged in to the computer with your employee UWO NetId username
- In the Finder menu, select Go and then Connect to Server....
- If you see wfc.uwoad.it.uwosh.edu/Users in the Favorite Servers: list you can select it and click Connect. If not you will need to proceed with the next step.
- Enter the address shown below, click the + button to add the server address to Favorites, and press Connect.
- Enter your NetID username and password.
- Select Shared and/or Users to mount the Shared and/or Users Volume.
- Click Connect.