Topics Map > IT Services > Account Access and Use
Topics Map > IT Services > File Storage & Sharing

S: Drive - Requesting Access to a Shared Folder

Describes the process for requesting access to a shared folder on the S: drive.

What do I Need to Request Access to a Shared Folder?

  1. Fill out the Access Request form in the IT Service Portal, call the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020, or email
  2. Provide the following information:
    1. Full path of the folder, e.g., S:\College of Letters and Science\Art
    2. Name of the employee you would like to grant access to
  3. The manager of the folder must approve the request for access (if you do not know who the manager is the IT Help Desk can provide you with this information)
    1. The Help Desk will ask the manager for approval through an email
    2. The manager can respond back to the ticket or call (x3020) to approve the request

    If you need further assistance please call the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020, put in your own request at, or email

    Keywords:Request S   Doc ID:54081
    Owner:Christian B.Group:UW Oshkosh
    Created:2015-07-17 16:28 CDTUpdated:2023-03-22 10:47 CDT
    Sites:UW Oshkosh
    Feedback:  0   0