Topics Map > IT Services > Classroom & Lab Support
Projector - Status Indicator lights
Overview of indicator lights on campus ceiling mounted projectors and who to contact when indicator lights are illuminated
Projector Status Indicator Lights
On each projector there are labeled indicator lights that can be used to diagnose problems.
When an Indicator Light Is Illuminated
Please report any indicator lights to the Information Technology Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920)424-3020
- Sage Hall
- Lamp Replace
- Solid Red - Will illuminate a solid red as it nears the end of the lamp life, it will still project at a lower quality
- Flashing -Indicates the lamp has burnt out
- Warning Filter
- The "WARNING FILTER" light will illuminate yellow when the filter needs to be replaced. The projector will still function with a dirty filter
- Multiple academic buildings
- flashing red light by lamp indicates the lamp is reaching the end of its usable life and must be replaced soon.
- A SOLID red light indicates that the lamp is burnt out and must be replaced immediately.
- "PLEASE CLEAN FILTER" prompt appears after the projector has been used for 500 hours. and message will will appear on the screen for several seconds after the projector is turned on and then disappear. The projector will still function with a dirty filter.
- Projectors will display the message "THE LAMP HAS REACHED THE END OF ITS USABLE LAMP LIFE" when 100 hours remain on the lamp. This message will be displayed until the lamp has been replaced.
- Located in multiple academic buildings. Indicator lights are located at the front of the projector and are labeled LAMP 1, LAMP 2, and TEMP.
- Solid red light by lamp indicates the lamp is reaching the end of its usable life and must be replaced soon.
- A flashing red light indicates that the lamp is burnt out and must be replaced immediately.
- Panasonic projector will display the message, "PLEASE CLEAN FILTER" and the the indicator light by TEMP will turn red and flash once when the filter needs to be cleaned. The projector will still function with a dirty filter.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com