Topics Map > IT Services > Network/Phones
Phone - Dialing Procedures
These procedures assure the best use of your phone.
- VoIP phone - dial 911
- Analog phone - dial 9-911
- Give people outside the University your 10-digit telephone number (920-424-####).
On Campus Calls (424)
- Calls within the Oshkosh Campus are made by dialing the last 4 digits of the telephone number.
On Campus Calls (832 and 929)
- Calls within the within and between Fond du Lac and Fox Cities Campuses are made by dialing the 7 digits of the telephone number.
Off Campus Calls (MUST USE 10 DIGITS)
These include calls that are within the local area and long distance. No charges will be incurred.
- Dial 8-1-(area code)-###-####
Making 800 Number Phone Calls
There is no charge for a 800 call.
- Dial 8-1-800-###-####
These are calls being made to countries outside the United States.
- Dial 8
- Dial the International Access Code 011
- Dial the Country Code
- Dial the City Code
- Dial the Local Number
Dialing United States from an International County
- Dial 010-1-(area code)-###-####
Directory Assistance Calls
This is used to locate a phone number that you do not know.
- Dial 8-1-(area code)-555-1212. Outside/within 920 area code
- Dial 8-1-800-555-1212 for toll free numbers
- The University is not allowed to accept collect calls.
This is information on the regulations on using the state phone system to make personal calls.
Personal use of the state telephones is intended for governmental and not personal use. Personal use of state telephones is authorized only for essential local calls per Wisconsin Statues 16.99. Employees should be judicious and not make excessive use of their telephones for this purpose.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org