Topics Map > IT Services > File Storage & Sharing
Connecting to Residence Life Shared Drive (\\filer)
This document is to help Residence Life employees connect to the shared drive called Filer.
Connecting to Residence Life Shared Drive
The Residence Life shared drive is called Filer. This is used to access shared documents, personal drives, photos, videos, and more.
If you are on a Mac running OS X operating system follow these instructions
- Click on Finder (or the Desktop)
- Press Command and K or go to the top menu Go>Connect to Server
- Type cifs://18.104.22.168 and press Enter
- When prompted for your username and password, type UWOAD\ before your username and use your netID password.
- Select the drive you wish to mount
If you are on a Windows-based computer (either VMware View or native Windows) the Filer Drives should automatically be mapped. If not, follow these instructions:
- Click the Windows icon (or Start menu icon).
- Type in Map Network Drive.
- Select Map Network Drive from the This PC window that opens.
- Type in \\filer.rlad.housing.uwosh.edu\Shared (change Shared to Videos, Photos, or Artists if attempting to connect to those servers) and press Enter.
- If prompted, type in your RLAD credentials by typing in RLAD\ followed by your RLAD username and your password.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org