Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Adobe Photoshop - Quick Selection Tool & Refine Edge
This guide will help you use the Quick Selection and Refine Edge tools with precision.
To Use the Quick Selection Tool:
- Choose Quick Selection tool from the left sidebar, fourth from the top, or use the keyboard shortcut W.
- Click and drag to select the area desired. This can be done in multiple steps, the area previously selected will stay selected as well.
- Adjust the brush size using the [ and ] keys on the keyboard.
- If a mistake is made, hold down the Alt key while dragging the mouse over the area of the mistake to remove it.
- Select the Refine Edge... button from the top toolbar.
- Using the Smooth, Feather, Contrast, and Shift Edge sliders adjust the edges of the selection to the desired amount.
- Smooth will adjust the edges to create a cleaner line.
- Feather will fade the edges to blend into the unselected areas.
- Contrast will sharpen the edges, creating a clear line between the selection and unselected areas.
- Shift edge will move the edge of the selection in or out based on a percentage.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org