Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Adobe Photoshop - Convert to Layer Mask
This guide will show you how to convert any selection made with a selection tool into a layer mask.
To Convert to Layer Mask:
- Select the Marquee tool (2nd from the top on the left panel)
- Convert the image to an object, by clicking the Add a Mask icon down at the bottom of the right hand panel (next to the fX icon)
- This will apply the mask on the image. To see the mask, use opt+click (mac) or alt+click (windows).
- To edit the mask, click on Window, and then Properties.
- To touch up a layer, select the paintbrush (or hotkey b)
- Choose a color to paint with, you can hit hotkey X. Painting with black will remove areas that are shown. Painting with while will reveal areas that were hidden.
- Click and drag over the needed areas.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com