Canvas - Import from your Master Course into your Instructional Course
This will teach you how to import from your Canvas Master Course into your Instructional Course.
Watch a video of how to import from your Master Course into your Instructional Course.
- Open your browser and go to https://canvas.uwosh.edu
- Login with your UW Oshkosh NetID credentials
You should see your instructional course card on you dashboard.
- Select the course you want to import content into
- In your Course Navigation choose "Settings"
- On the right side panel choose "import course content" (depending on the width of your browser this button may appear at the bottom of your page)
- Under the Import Content > Content type select the drop down and choose "Copy a Canvas Course"
- Type the name of the Master Course you want to import from
- Select the radio button for "all content" unless your only wanting to import specific types of content
- Options: (optional)
- If you would like to adjust the event and due dates to accommodate holidays select "Adjust events and due dates"
- Choose the "Import" button
You will see a progress bar which will change from "Queued" > "Running" > "Completed"
Your content should now be imported into your instructional course. Please select your "Dashboard" and choose the instructional course to review the results of the import.