Topics Map > IT Services > Network/Phones
VoIP Phone - Frozen or No Dial Tone
This document will walk through the basic steps to troubleshoot a VoIP phone problem.
VoIP Phone Frozen or No Dial Tone
If your VoIP phone is frozen or has not dial tone you can try the following steps to fix the phone:
- Turn the phone over so you are looking at the bottom of the phone.
- Unplug both data cables and leave unplugged for 10 seconds (usually will be a blue or white and black cable).
- Replug the cables back into the same location that you took them out of.
- Check to make sure the cable that goes from the phone to the computer is plugged in tightly to the computer.
- Check to make sure the cable that goes from the phone to the wall is plugged in tightly to the wall.
- If these steps do not fix the phone issue please contact the Help Desk to report your issue email@example.com or 920-424-3020.