Canvas - Use the TurnItIn LTI
This will give you some directions on using TurnItIn's LTI with Canvas.
Please be aware this is the older LTI that has access to the older TurnItIn Tools. This does not cover the new Plagiarism Detection Framework.
This process is a bit different than using the TurnItIn Plagiarism Framework you may have used before.
Potential Browser Issues
Both you and your students will need to keep an eye on your browser to make sure you don’t have any Ad blockers that might get in the way. If you do TurnItIn will give you an error. If this happens turn off your Ad Blocker and refresh the page and you should be good.
Instructor Assignment Setup
- When you (the instructor) adds the assignment. Fill out your points and directions as normal but,
- Under “submission type” choose “External Tool”
- Choose the “Find” button and select “TurnItIn LTI” from that list.
- When you choose “External Tool” the “Plagiarism Review” option goes away (this is good, keeps us from making a mistake and choosing both)
- Save and Publish and agree to TurnItin’s terms of service
- Select the Assignment
- Agree to the terms of service
- Click on the Upload Submission button
- Find their document to upload
- Choose “ Upload and Review”
- Review then Click the “Submit to TurnItIn” button
- They will get a Submission Complete message
Instructor Reviewing Student Submissions
- Click on Assignments in your course navigation
- Select the TurnItIn Assignment you created
- Click on the Grade Pencil icon. This should launch “Feedback Studio”