Topics Map > IT Services > Account Access and Use
Topics Map > IT Services > IT Security
Topics Map > IT Services > Network/Phones
VPN - Install and Connect Campus-Owned Windows Device
How to install and connect to GlobalProtect VPN from a campus-owned device
- Open the Windows Software Center from the icon on your desktop or in the Start menu
- In the list, find the Palo Alto GlobalProtect Agent. The version number may differ from that listed below. Click on the item to select it.
- Click the Install button to install the program.
After a few moments the installation will complete and you can proceed to connect.
Once installed, you connect the VPN to establish a secure connection to campus.
- From the windows icon tray in the lower right corner, click the GlobalProtect icon which looks like a small globe. It may be hidden by default, if so click on the arrow to show hidden icons.
- In the connection window, enter ondemand.vpn.uwosh.edu. Depending on when the application was installed, this may already be done for you.
- Click Connect to begin the connection process. When prompted, enter your NetID username and password. The prompt may vary depending on if you have connected before or not. (Duo MFA will send a push to your device to approve the connection. If you are using a fob, you need to enter the number after a comma in the password field - e.g. thisismypassword,123456)
- You are now connected to campus and can access protected resources. Once completed with your work, click the GlobalProtect icon and click Disconnect.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org