Topics Map > IT Services > Account Access and Use
Topics Map > IT Services > Device Support
Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Outlook - iOS Setup (iPhone/iPad)
This document outlines how to setup the Outlook app on your iOS device for use with the Office 365 system.
Outlook for iOS Setup
This document contains instructions on how to set up email with the Microsoft email client. Microsoft does not recommend native clients (such as Apple Mail) for use with Office 365 as there are often modifications to functionality.
Information Technology will offer assistance setting up native client email but certain issues may require the use of a Microsoft client to be resolved. Therefore, only Outlook support is provided below.
Download Outlook on your iPhone
- Search for Outlook in the App Store
- Install Microsoft Outlook from the App Store
- Open the application
Setup Outlook on your iPhone
- Enter your email address
- Touch Add Account
- Outlook may automatically assume you want to setup a Google Account
Do not touch Sign In with Google
- Click Done.
- Touch Setup Account Manually
(If you don't see the screen below, you can skip to step #5.)
- Choose Office 365 as your email provider
- Notice that Office 365 is clearly indicated at the top of your screen
Your email address should already be entered
You will see a screen that indicates that it is transferring your sign-in to UW Oshkosh
- Enter the password for your NetID
- Touch Maybe Later when Outlook asks Would you like to add another account
- You can Skip the intro screens
- Open the menu by swiping right from the left edge of the screen
- Touch the Gear icon in the lower left below the Help icon
- In settings, we recommend you turn off the Focused Inbox
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org