Topics Map > IT Services > Device Support
ResNet - Device Compatibility
Which devices will work with Wired and Wireless connections in the Residence Halls
Rules of Thumb
- If a device has a built-in ethernet port, it will most likely be able to receive a wired ethernet connection.
- If a device is a "Smart" device (excluding smart TVs) it will most likely NOT work on Titan WiFi (e.g. fans, speakers, lights, outlets, etc.), but may work on Titan WiFi Guest (not secure, not supported by UWO IT)
- Roku Smart TVs that do not have an ethernet port, will not receive an internet connection on campus.
Devices that are compatible with Titan WiFi must be able to accept a username and password when connecting.
Titan WiFi Guest
The guest network does not support online gaming with consoles.
- Nintendo Handhelds
- Video Game Consoles
- Game Consoles
- Smart TVs (with an ethernet port)
- Laptop and Desktop Computers
- Roku 3, 4, Ultra, Premiere + (with an ethernet port)
- Nintendo Hand Helds (with Nintendo authorized ethernet adapters)
- Amazon Fire Cube
- Apple TV
- Blu-Ray Players
These devices have no compatibility with Titan WiFi and are not recommended for use in Residence Halls. If a device is not listed above, it likely will not work on campus.
- Wireless printers
- Smart Speakers (Amazon Echo, Google home)
- TV Streaming Devices without ethernet capability (Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Roku Stick)