Canvas - Post Student Grades at the Same Time
Take your time grading then post your grades all at once.
You can set your grade posting policy which gives the instructor the ability to determine when students should see their grades. This is useful if you have a large class and you do not want students you havent graded yet to panic when they see their peers have gotten grades. While you are in the middle of grading an assignment students will see a message in the grade book for that assignment indicating that the instructor is grading that assignment and to check back later for their grade.
Setup a Manual Grade Posting Policy
- Login to Canvas
- Select your Course
- Choose the "Grades" tool
- On the far right select the settings for your grade book (Gear icon)
- Select the "Grade Posting Policy" tab
- Select "Manually Post Grades"
- Select the Update button
Grading Your Students
- Go to your gradebook
- Hover over the header title of the assignment you want to post
- Select the Kabob (three dot menu) to the right of the title
- Select "Post Grades"
- You will be asked if you want to post them for everyone or only those that have been graded