Canvas - Manually Share an Office 365 Collaboration Document Created within Canvas
If some of your students are having a problem with an Office 365 collaboration document you create in Canvas you may need to give individual permissions to that document to the students having the problem. They will need to access the document outside of Canvas. Its not an elegant solution but it works.
Access Office 365
- Go to https://uwosh.edu
- Select “Email”
- Under “File Storage” select “Office 365”
- Select the 9 dots in the upper left
- Choose “oneDrive”
Select your collaboration folder for your class
- Select the folder named “Canvas” (upper case C)
- One of those folders inside this "Canvas" folder should be named the same thing as your Course title. Select that folder.
- You will see the document that you created using the Collaborations tool.
- Put your mouse over the Document and you will see a share icon. Select that share icon
- Start typing the last name of one of the students having a problem. Select the name of the student from the list that pops up.
- Choose “Add Another” for each student having a problem.
- Choose “Send”
This will send an email to your students with a link to the file. Unfortunately you will need to do this for each collaboration file you are having a problem with.