Mechanical Turk - Request Process
Similar to software purchases, Mechanical Turk requires a review for security and infrastructure compliance before procurement, setup, and use. This article outlines the necessary information to start a request for Mechanical Turk.
Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) is a crowdsourcing marketplace that makes it easier for individuals and businesses to outsource their processes and jobs to a distributed workforce who can perform these tasks virtually. This could include anything from conducting simple data validation and research to more subjective tasks like survey participation, content moderation, and more. MTurk enables companies to harness the collective intelligence, skills, and insights from a global workforce to streamline business processes, augment data collection and analysis, and accelerate machine learning development.
How to request Mechanical Turk (MTurk)
- Gather details for your request to provide scope. Is this for research? Survey participation?
- Email the Information Technology Help Desk with your request. Include:
- Your department information
- Requestor information (faculty and staff names and contact information)
- Details regarding your request, please include if any student data will be involved in your use case
- Look for an email from email@example.com which will be created based on your email to the Information Technology Help Desk. Additional information may be required to complete your request which will come from this email address.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org