Topics Map > IT Services > IT Security
AnyConnect VPN (UW-Oshkosh, Mac) - Setup VPN
This document explains how to setup and connect your Mac to your UWO VPN.
The AnyConnect VPN service is being discontinued.
Please refer to VPN - AnyConnect to GlobalProtect Migration for migration information to use GlobalProtect VPN
1) Go to vpn.it.uwosh.edu and log in with your NetID user name and password
2) Click on the AnyConnect bar on the left.
3) Click Start AnyConnect
4) Wait for AnyConnect to attempt to install
5) When it fails, install from the link
6) After it downloads, click the icon in the lower left of your browser screen.
7) Double click the VPN.pkg file
8) Click Continue
9) Click Continue
10) Click Agree
11) Click Install
12) Enter credentials
13) Click Close
14) Open your applications folder and find the Cisco folder. Choose Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
15) Type vpn.it.uwosh.edu into the box that pops up
16) Use your NetID user name and password to log in select OK