Topics Map > IT Services > Account Access and Use
Topics Map > IT Services > File Storage & Sharing
S: Drive - Off Campus File Access on Personal Devices
This will show you how to use FileZilla to access your S and U drive files off campus on non-university equipment.
Request Access to S and U Drive Files while off Campus
- Contact the IT Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or at email@example.com.
Request to be able to access your S: and U: drive off campus through FTP.
Accessing Files while Off Campus
After you have been granted permissions to your files off campus you will need to download FileZilla to access your S and U Drive.
Download and install FileZilla from their website. Be sure to not download it from third-party sites.
- Navigate to where your program files are located, open FileZilla
- Click on the Site Manager button on the top toolbar.
- If you are on a university-owned computer and have downloaded FileZilla from Software Center (Windows) or Managed Software Center (Mac), S: and U: Drive will be listed under Predefined Sites.
- Select S: and U: Drive from there and click Duplicate. Then proceed to step 9.
- Click on New Site. A new box will be populated with highlighted text in the Select Entry box above.
- Type a name for this connection.
- Enter the information as seen in the image below:
- Host: uwoeft.uwosh.edu
- Port: 1022
- Protocol: SFTP
- Logon Type: Ask for password
- Enter your NetID user name
- Click Connect
Accept the Unknown Host warning.