Symantec AntiVirus (Windows) - Old Virus Definition Notice
Steps to update old virus definitions.
Updating Out of Date Virus Definitions
Receiving notification stating that your computer's virus definitions are old requires an update to Symantec Endpoint Protection:
- Select on the Start Button in the lower Left Hand corner of your screen
- Choose All Programs.
- Scroll down until you see a folder labeled Symantec Endpoint Protection and single click to open the folder.
- Select Symantec End Point Protection with shield icon next to it, pictured below.
- Select LiveUpdate from the left hand side. A new window will appear.
- When the update is finished, select Close to finish the update process.
- Close out of Symantec by pressing the red X in the upper right hand corner.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com