Accounts - Student Accounts After Graduation
This document will explain what happens to student accounts after students graduate. It includes information regarding Email, NetID, and Titan Web. It also includes information regarding alumni e-mail accounts.
What Happens to my student Email Account After Graduation?
After a student graduates, his/her student email account will remain active for a period of time.
Account Deactivation Notice
At the beginning of the semester following a student's graduation, the student will receive an email notification regarding the deactivation of their account. The student is advised at this point to retain any content at this time before the account is disabled.
Other Email Options for Graduates
Students who would like to keep a UW Oshkosh email account may create an alumni e-mail account at any point
in time after graduation.
Important Note: This is a separate email account from your former uwosh.edu account which will be deactivated. This account will be a Google account which includes Google Drive.
How to Create an Alumni Email Account
- Open a Web Browser
- Go to www.alumni.uwosh.edu/
- Click Request a New Account
- This is a Google account
- The username will end with @alumni.uwosh.edu
- Type in your NetID username and password (If you no longer have a NetID, call the Alumni office at 920-424-3449 to request the email account.)
Click ContinueFollow the steps provided
- If you do not have an active NetID you will need to contact the Alumni Office at 920-424-3449 to request an Alumni email
If you are unable to log in with your NetID username and password, contact the Help Desk. They will provide assistance and make sure you are able to get your account set up.
What Happens to my NetID Account After Graduation?
After a student graduates the NetID account will be deactivated
Deactivations for NetIDs
- Happen no sooner than 6 weeks after graduation
- Spring graduates happen no sooner than 6 weeks after interim
What Happens to my Titan Web Account After Graduation?
Titan Web accounts remain active even after a student graduates. This allows students to access unofficial transcripts, request official transcripts, and other information at any time after they have graduated from UW Oshkosh.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org