Conference Rooms - Checking Out Equipment
This document lists the types of equipment available for check out from the Help Desk for use in the conference rooms at UW Oshkosh. It also explains the procedures for reserving, picking up, and returning equipment.
Checking Out Equipment from the Help DeskThe UW Oshkosh Help Desk, located in Dempsey 207, has a variety of equipment that can be checked out by faculty and staff for use in the conference rooms on campus.
What Types of Equipment Can I Check Out?
- Conference Phone
- Phone with Speaker
- Power Cords (15 ft, 6 ft, or 3 ft cords available)
How Do I Check Out Equipment?
To reserve equipment prior to your meeting date, contact the Help Desk via phone (920-424-3020), e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), or walking into the Help Desk (located in Dempsey 207).
Be sure to have the following information ready when you are reserving equipment:
- Your first and last name (or the name of the person who will be picking up the equipment)
- The department you work for
- Date and time of meeting(s)
- The room(s) in which your meeting(s) will take place
- Equipment needed
- Estimated time of equipment return
If you forget to reserve equipment before your meeting, you may contact the Help Desk to see if it is still available. Equipment reservations are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis, so we strongly encourage making equipment reservations prior to
your meeting date.
Picking Up Equipment
- Equipment can be picked up from the Help Desk in Dempsey 207 between 7:45AM and 4:30PM Monday - Friday
- If you need to pick your equipment up outside of these hours, contact the Help Desk to see if something may be arranged
- Walk into the Help Desk on the day of your equipment reservation (or the day of your meeting, if you did not reserve equipment)
- Let the help desk worker know who you are and that you are picking up equipment
- If you did not reserve any equipment, they will pull up the reservations and let you know if what you need is still available
- If you need any equipment in addition to what you reserved, feel free to ask the Help Desk staff if what you need is still available
- Equipment should be returned to the Help Desk in Dempsey 207 between 7:45AM and 4:30PM Monday - Friday
- If you need to return your equipment outside of these hours, contact the Help Desk to see if something may be arranged
Equipment Dropoff Procedure
- return all equipment to its proper carrying case, if applicable, and carry all equipment to the Help Desk after you are finished using it
- A member of the Help Desk staff will take the equipment from you and check it back in. If you encountered any issues at all while using the equipment, please let the Help Desk staff know right away so they can make sure the issue is addressed before the next person uses the equipment.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com