Topics Map > IT Services > Teaching Tools
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
D2L ePortfolio - Embedding a Flickr Video
Upload a video to Flickr and insert the embed code into ePortfolio in three easy main steps.
Step 1: Create a Flickr Account
- Go to Flickr at www.flickr.com.
- Click Sign up at the top right of the screen.
- Sign up with a Yahoo!, Facebook, or Gmail account.
- Fill in the given fields and click Next.
- Click Sign in at the top right of the page. You should now be logged in to Flickr.
Step 2: Upload a video to Flickr
- Click Upload on the top middle of the screen.
- Click on Choose pictures and videos to upload.
- Select the desired file, then click Choose.
- Click Upload # Photo on the top right of the screen.
- Add a description, tags, and/or at it to sets as desired.
- The video is done when the text across the video says "Refresh the page to view video". Refresh the page.
- Click on the image of the video. The screen will change and show your video enlarged.
Step 3: Embed Flickr video in ePortfolio
- Open D2L in ANOTHER TAB or WINDOW.
- Access D2L ePortfolio.
- Click New, then HTML File.
- Create a name for the new video.
- Click on the text editor box.
- Icons will appear within the box. At the bottom left-hand side of the box, click the Edit HTML button. A new window will appear.
- Go back to your new Flickr video. Click the Share drop down arrow above the video. The embed code will be listed here.
- Select all of the code, then right click and click Copy.
- Go BACK to D2L ePortfolio. Paste the text in the new window.
- Click Update to close the window.
- The video should be visible in the text editor box.
- Click Next.
- Add a description and tags as desired.
- Click Save.
- Click Done.
- Verify that your video is working properly by selecting Open File under the title.
Notice:Flickr is a 3rd party service unaffiliated with the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. This guide is provided to assist members of faculty and students who elect to use these services and want to in connection with institutional systems such as the ePortfolio tool in Desire 2 Learn. In choosing to use such a third party service with UW's Desire 2 Learn users acknowledge that they are individually responsible for their use of any external service and any content they host therein. Users should ensure that they take adequate steps to ensure the security of their account(s) on Flickr and adequately protect their personal information. The University makes no guarantee about the reliability of such services and the helpdesk will not support their use. This tutorial is for informational purposes only. This tutorial is not an endorsement of the service by Learning Technologies or the wider University.
In other words:
- This tool is not formally supported by UW-Oshkosh.
- Help Desk is not required to answer any questions about this tool
- You are responsible for your account on this tool and any content in it
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org