Topics Map > IT Services > Teaching Tools
D2L - Create and Manage Tasks
Instructors and students can create tasks in D2L Calendar and manage them easily.
Adding a Task
- From the Navigation Bar, click Other Tools.
- Click Calendar.
- On the right lower pane will be a heading titled Tasks.
- To add a task, simply type in the text box > hit Enter on your keyboard.
Editing a Task
- Click on the arrow to right of the task.
- Click on the title text to edit it.
- Due Date: To give a task a due date, click the No due date text. This will allow you to replace the text with an actual date.
- Notes: You can add a note to your task by clicking on the Add a note text. This will allow you to replace the text with details or description of the task.
Completing a Task
- When a task is complete, click the box to the left of the task to complete it.
- To complete all tasks, click the drop down arrow to the right of the "Tasks" heading and select Set all completed.
- A window will appear asking you if you are sure you would like to set all tasks to completed. Click Yes.
Deleting a Task
- Click on the desired task Title.
- Click the trash can icon to the right of the title.
- A window will appear asking if you are you would like to delete the task. Click Yes.
Note: Tasks are owned by users. Instructors can not create tasks for students. They are strictly used in an individual users calendar. Additionally, tasks do not appear on the Course Homepage Calendar or in Content under upcoming events. They can only be viewed within the calendar tool.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org