Topics Map > IT Services > Teaching Tools
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
D2L - Courses Not Appearing
This document will explain what to do when students or instructors are not able to find their course in D2L.
If you are having problems accessing your class, or if you are unable to find your course under the My Oshkosh Courses widget, please check the following:
- Ensure that the date is not before the D2L start date
- Originally set by the system, instructors have the ability to modify this date, so an individual course site may open earlier or later.
- D2L allows for semesters and departments to be collapsed. Please make sure that the arrow adjacent to the department/semester heading is pointing up; this signifies an expanded section. A down-pointing arrow means the section is collapsed.
- The process that enrolls users in D2L course sites runs nightly. For example if you register for a course in TitanWeb on Tuesday, you will not be enrolled in the course in D2L until Wednesday.
- If you have not activated your NetID account, go to netid.uwosh.edu/changepassword and activate your account
- If you are not sure, or you have forgotten your password, please reset your password here: https://portal.housing.uwosh.edu/PWSelfService/Home/Index
- D2L has issues when using the Microsoft Edge browser. It is recommended that you use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Sometimes the browser stores information that can cause issues when visiting D2L in the future.
- Clearing your browser cache can resolve this issue by removing the conflicting temporary files. View this knowledge base article for instructions.
- Check in Titan Web to make sure you are enrolled in the course
- Please call at 920-424-3020 for assistance. We unfortunately cannot provide account assistance via email.
- By default, course sites remain closed to students until one week (7 days) prior to the official start date of the term. Although this date is originally set by the system, instructors have the ability to modify this date, so an individual course site may open earlier or later.
- By default, course sites remain closed to students until one week (7 days) prior to the official start date of the term. Although this date is
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org