Topics Map > IT Services > Teaching Tools
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
D2L - Setting up myDesire2Learn and EduDentity
This document will explain how to set up EduDentity and myDesire2Learn. MyDesire2Learn is a Desire2Learn hosted ePortfolio service for students who are graduating from their school and would like to retain and continue to use their ePortfolios after graduation. Students can export their ePortfolio to myDesire2Learn and continue to collect artifacts, create presentations, and share their evidence of achievement with others.
How do I set up EduDentity and myDesire2Learn?
Create an EduDentity account
- Click this link: https://www.mydesire2learn.com/d2l/ed/createaccount
- You will be taken to a page that displays the Service Agreement.
- Read this Service Agreement, and if you agree to their terms and conditions you can click the checkbox stating you have read them and agree to them.
- Click the accept button.
- The next page will display text fields where you enter the info needed to create your account.
- Enter the requested info into all of the text fields.
- Add your first name and last name into the respective fields.
- When entering your email, keep in mind that your school email is going to be deactivated 6 months after graduation, so you will probably want to use a personal e-mail address that will always be active.
- Create a password that you will remember in the next two boxes.
- In the last two boxes on the page, create a security question that will help you recover a forgotten password.
- If you would like to add additional security questions there is an "Add Question" link right above the "create" button.
- Click the "Create" button below the text fields.
- If an error message that says "Error: unable to complete your request" pops up, then you need to fix one of the following things:
- Your Password needs to be longer. Your Password must be at least 8 characters.
- You need to use a different email. This error message displays if the email is already registered in the system.
Login to myDesire2Learn
- Go back to your page with the "Login" button (The tab should say myDesire2Learn).
- Click the Login button.
- Enter your email address and password to login.
- Click the Login button under the text fields.
- You will be displayed the End User Agreement. Read these terms and conditions, and if you agree to them: Enter your birth date in the textbox below the agreement.
- Click the Accept button to agree and finish the End User Agreement.
- You have just finished creating your account and have logged into myD2L. It will display a pop-up box describing some things myD2L could help you accomplish.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com