Topics Map > IT Services > Teaching Tools
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
D2L ePortfolio - Linking Hotmail OneDrive Files to ePortfolio
Instructions to link Hotmail SkyDrive files to the ePortfolio in D2L. Students have the option of including SkyDrive documents into their ePortfolio with a few easy steps.
1. Create a Microsoft Account
- Access Hotmail here. If you already have a Microsoft account, move to step 2.
- To create a Microsoft account, click Sign up now on the bottom right of the screen.
- Fill in all of the required fields and click I Accept.
- You should then be brought into the Windows Live Home Page.
- Click OneDrive at the top of the page.
2. Upload Content to OneDrive
- Once in OneDrive, click on Upload at the top of the page.
- Find the desired file and upload it.
3. Set Sharing Preferences
- Once a file is uploaded, check the white box on the new file.
- At the top of the page, click Share.
- A new window will appear. Click Get a link on the left side of the new window.
- Select Create under either "View Only" or "View and edit" depending on the nature of the file you wish to include.
- Copy the link that is created.
- Click Done.
4. Link Content in D2L ePortfolio
- Open D2L IN ANOTHER TAB OR WINDOW.
- Access ePortfolio.
- Click New, then Link.
- Create a name for the new video.
- Paste the previously copied link into the "URL" field.
- Add a description and tags as desired.
- Click Save.
- Click Done.
- Verify that your video is working properly by selecting Open File under the title.
Hotmail/ OneDrive is a 3rd party service unaffiliated with the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. This guide is provided to assist members of faculty and students who elect to use these services and want to in connection with institutional systems such as the ePortfolio tool in Desire 2 Learn. In choosing to use such a third party service with UW's Desire 2 Learn users acknowledge that they are individually responsible for their use of any external service and any content they host therein. Users should ensure that they take adequate steps to ensure the security of their account(s) on Hotmail/OneDrive and adequately protect their personal information. The University makes no guarantee about the reliability of such services and the helpdesk will not support their use. This tutorial is for informational purposes only. This tutorial is not an endorsement of the service by Learning Technologies or the wider University.
In other words:
- this tool is not formally supported by UWO
- the helpdesk will not answer any questions about using this tool
- you are responsible for your account on this tool and any content in it
Also note if you choose to use an external 3rd party service, please carefully consider what online identities, email addresses, or existing accounts you decide to use. It may be in your interest to create new accounts with these tools to associate with your studies and professional work.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com