Topics Map > IT Services > Teaching Tools
D2L - Managing Notifications
How to manage notifications in D2L. Notifications allow a user to receive emails when certain actions are taken in a course. For example, you can receive email notification when a news item is added or updated, an updated count of new discussion posts, or a reminder before a dropbox closes.
- Login to D2L and click your name on the top right of the screen.
- Select the Notifications link.
- Complete the Notification field as desired.
- Contact Methods: Notice
that your UW Oshkosh email address is listed under the section labeled
"Contact Methods". This is the email address that will receive
Note: Although individual users have the ability to change the email address that receives notifications, this option is not recommended and UW Oshkosh is not responsible for undelivered notifications.
- Summary of Activity: This
feature will email the user a synopsis of the activity that occurred
within the classes the user is enrolled. Information includes text of
news items, number of unread discussion messages, etc.
WARNING: Messages will be sent for every course in which you are enrolled that has unread discussion posts, etc. For some, this includes courses from previous semesters. In order to prevent past courses from sending automatic messages they must be excluded. For more information please click here)
- Instant Notifications: If you would like to be emailed immediately when one of the available actions is completed in your courses, click the appropriate checkboxes.
- Exclude Some Courses: By default, you will receive notifications on all courses in which actively enrolled, if you would like to exclude some courses, click the "manage my course exclusions" link and click the X next to the course to be excluded.