Topics Map > IT Services > Teaching Tools
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
D2L ePortfolio - Making a Presentation
This document explains how to create a presentation in the D2L ePortfolio. It includes how to create a presentation, choose the layout of a presentation, create a presentation banner, add artifacts to a presentation, add a new page to the presentation and name the page, and edit the theme of the presentation.
Creating a Presentation
- Login to D2L.
- Access D2L ePortfolio through the desired course site's ePortfolio link on the right side of the navigation bar.
- Click New > Presentation. (Note: You must have artifacts present in your ePortfolio to make a presentation.)
- Under the Properties tab, you will be prompted to create a title for your presentation. This could be the subject, course title, learning outcome, etc.
- If desired, add a description to your presentation.
- If desired, add tags to your presentation.
- Select the check boxes to indicate whether or not you would like others with appropriate submissions to assess your presentation or add and view comments on your presentation. At this point if it has a rubric associated with the presentation, click Add Rubrics.
- Click Save.
Decide the Layout of a Presentation
- Click on the Content/Layout tab.
- The screen will show a layout of where content will live in the presentation. There are two main parts to a presentation:
- the navigation widget which displays the pages within the presentation
- AND the actual content or artifacts that makes up a presentation.
- To change the location of the presentation's navigation, click Edit Presentation Navigation. Select the desired option (that shows the navigation section in white) and click Save.
- To change the content layout within the presentation, click Edit Page Layout. Select the desired option (that shows the content layout sections in blue) and click Save.
Creating the Presentation Banner
- Click on the Banner tab.
- The banner appears at the top of every page in the presentation. Under Banner Title, give the banner a name.
- If desired, give the banner a description.
- Note: The description WILL appear throughout the presentation.
- Click Save.
Adding Artifacts to a Presentation
- Click on the Content/Layout tab
- Look at the Content Area(s) for New Page and click Add Component to add an artifact to a page.
- A new window will appear. Select the type of content you wish to add.
- Artifact: Click this option; click the checkbox next to the desired artifact; then click Add.
- Artifact, reflection, or learning objective from a collection: Click this option; select the desired collection; click the checkbox next to the desired artifact; then click Add.
- Artifacts or reflections by learning objectives: Click this option; select the desired learning objective; click the checkbox next to the desired artifact; then click Add.
- Reflection: Click this option; click the checkbox next to the desired artifact, then click Add.
- Text area: Click this option; give the area a name; add content within the text editor; then click Save and Close.
- Information from my profile: Click this option; it will appear within the Content Area.
- Note: You have an option to add an additional component to this area.
- After an item has been added, continue on to other Content Areas and adding components as desired.
Adding a New Page
- Click the New Page icon above the New Page (shown just about the Component Areas.)
- A new window will appear. Give the page a title.
- If desired, click the check boxes on the options below. Not checking these options will leave the page name on the presentation and on the navigation panel of the presentation.
- Click Save.
Editing a Page Name
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the New Page icon.
- Click Page Properties.
- Edit the Page Name as desired.
- If desired, click the check boxes on the options below.
- Note: Not checking these options will leave the page name on the presentation and on the navigation panel of the presentation.
Editing the Theme
- Click on the Theme tab.
- Find the desired theme and click Select under the theme name. The page will change, showing the selected theme at the top of the page.
- To further customize the desired theme:
- Click the Edit Styles icon to the right of the image of the theme
- The page will change. The pane on the left shows the area with the area of the presentation that can be manipulated. The blue part of the image underneath the area indicates the location that will be edited. Select the desired area from this pane.
- The central area shows all of the available options for editing. The text, border, color, background, and images call all be edited as desired.
- To preview changes, click Save and then click the View Presentation link at the top of the page.
- To restore the default styles, click the blue restore icon to the right of the area heading that you are editing.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com