Topics Map > IT Services > Teaching Tools
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
D2L ePortfolio - New Artifact: Creating a File
How to create a file in ePortfolio
- Optional: Click on My Items tab on the top of the screen.
- Click the Add button towards the top of the screen.
- Select Web Document.
- Give the artifact a name. The name entered will be the display name in your ePortfolio.
- Add the Content of the artifact. The method used for entering content will vary depending on the type of information you want to include.
- Typed Text
- Insert Stuff (Button in the top left corner with the play and pause symbol)
- Embedded a file already upload
- Insert Flicker Images
- Enter an embed code
- Link to external or internal site
- When desired content has been added, click the Next button.
- Add a description of the artifact. The description should help you identify the artifact at a later time.
- If desired, add tags (keywords) to the item. Tags must be entered with an @ symbol (Example: @Biology) and can be used to organize or find artifacts.
- Click the Save button.
- The window will list more options below the tagging options.
- Comments/Assessments: When you select the boxes for comments and assessments, you allow users with sufficient permission to add comments, or assessment based on rubrics.
- Presentations Containing this Artifact: Click Add to Presentation to add this artifact to a presentation to make it a part of a showcase of your work.
- Collections Containing this Artifact: A collection is a way to organize the artifacts in your ePortfolio. For example if you add artifacts from a major and a minor, they can each have their own collection. You must create a collection first before adding an artifact to a collection.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com