Plone (4, 4.2, 4.3) - Using TimeSlot to create a signup sheet
Use TimeSlot to create a simple signup sheets or registrations for small classes or workshops. Replace your paper office hour signup sheets with a more user friendly online version. Complete with waiting lists, automatic emails and a manager summary.
Check if Time Slot is Installed
- Logging into your site with your NetID user name and password
- Click Add new
- Check if Signup Sheet shows in the list of items
If not Installed - Installing TimeSlot
- Click on your name in the personal toolbar > Site Setup.
If you do not have permissions to do this you will not be able to continue. Please contact your site administrator or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make the request.
- Click Addons.
- Check the uwosh.timeslot checkbox.
- Select the activate.
Creating a Signup Sheet
- Make sure you are in the folder you want to add your signup sheet to.
- Choose Add new > Signup Sheet.
- Give the sheet a Title and choose the checkboxes for the options you want to include.
- Allow Signup for Multiple Slots
Allows your users to sign up for more than one slot.
- Show Individual Time Slot Names
As you start adding Slots you can show the name you give to the slots as well as the times.
- Extra Fields
Do you want to know the Phone, Dept, and Employee Classification? If checked these become a "Required" field.
Add Days to the Sheet
- Choose Add new > Day.
- Choose the day you want to allow signups.
- Choose Save.
Add Time Slots to the Day
- Choose Add new > TimeSlot.
- Choose the time details and duration.
- For multiple timeslots for the same day navigate back to the date and repeat the above directions until you have all the slots filled up for that day.
- Max Capacity
Allows you to set a limit on the number of people who can sign up for that slot. Set this to more than one if your hosting a group (like a small class).
- Allow Waiting List
If you want to allow the slot to hold more than the number of registrants you allow for that slot. This is useful if someone drops out or unregisters then the next person in the list will automatically take that slot and be notified.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com