Topics Map > IT Services > Teaching Tools
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
D2L - My Home and Course Home
Explanation of the difference between "My Home" and "Course Home" in D2L.
My Home in D2L is the first page students see when logging in to D2L.
- In D2L, there are two different main "homes" that a student will see.
- My Home
- Courses Home
Navigate to my Home
- Click the My Home link on the top left of the page.
Tools and Resources from the Home Page
- D2L News (not News from specific courses).
- A list of active courses student is enrolled in.
- Student Resources widget.
- From the top right of the Navigation Bar, students can access both the D2L Calendar and D2L ePortfolio.
very top of the screen shows a black navigation bar (available to see
on every page once logged into D2L). It can bring a student to this My
Home page, or individual course sites. It also displays any new
messages alerts, update alerts, or chatter alerts. Students may also
access profile, notification, and account settings by clicking on their
name in the top right corner of this bar.
My Course Home
A Course Home page is the main page that a student views when clicking on an active course from My Home.
Tools and resources available from a student's My Course Home page.
- Navigation Bar with links to
- Course Home
- Other Tools
- News posted by the course instructor
- Bookmark widget for easy navigation to course information
- Calendar widget
- Library Resources widget
- Updates widget
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org