Topics Map > IT Services > Teaching Tools
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
D2L ePortfolio - Transferring from ePortfolio to myDesire2Learn
Step by step instructions on how to move your D2L ePortfolio to myDesire2Learn.com, where you can continue to edit and maintain your ePortfolio after graduation.
Since your D2L ePorfolio will not remain active to you for very long after you graduate, it may be upsetting to find out that you will no longer be able to access your presentations and or files saved on your ePortfolio account. But there is now the ability to transfer all of your portfolio information to a new account that can be used well after graduation. You can store up to 2GB for free at myDesire2Learn.com.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1: Make sure you have a created EduDentity account
- If you do not have an EduDentity account, follow this link to create one before you continue:
Step 2: Log into Desire2Learn
- You need to be logged in for the link to work with your own account.
Step 3: Export your files/presentations
- Follow this link to use the Export files widget:
Step 4: Log into your myDesire2Learn page and confirm the Transfer
- You can log into your myD2L page with this link:
Problems with the Transfer
Session expired when logging into myDesire2Learn
- When using the Export files widget there is a stage at which you are prompted to log in to myDesire2Learn - in the Safari browser this may repeatedly generate a session expired message.
- It is suggested that you use an alternate browser, such as Firefox, for this process.
Presentation themes don't transfer
- Because the presentations are built within the D2L system, the theme for a particular presentation is saved within the system instead of an attachment to the presentation.
- If you had a presentation with a highly personalized theme, you are going to have to re-make it within the myD2L system as well.
- There are no known fixes for this transfer error as of now.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org