D2L - Discussion Posts
Instructions for creating, editing, and replying to discussion posts in D2L. If you are required to post to a discussion forum, follow these easy steps.
Creating a New Post
- Click Discussions from the Navigation bar.
- Click the Title of the topic to which you would like to post.
- The screen will change to display any messages already posted, click the blue Start a New Thread button to create an original post.
- Enter a Subject for the message in the space provided.
- Enter the text of your message in the content editor.
- If desired, attach a PDF, PowerPoint, or other file using the Add Attachments link.
- Click the Post button.
- Your post will be displayed within the discussion topic.
Editing a Post
- If you are inside a discussion topic, you will see a list of Threads.
- Click the desired thread to view the comments.
- Comments will be listed below the Thread.
- Each comment has the name of the person who posted it.
- Next to the name, there is another drop down menu in the shape of a triangle.
- Click the Triangle.
- From this menu, you can delete or edit a post.
- If you edit a post, make sure to click the blue "Update" button when finished.
Deleting a Post
Replying to a Post
You can post comments onto other people's comments. To do this just follow these instructions:
- While in the Topic where the posts are posted, you should see all of them in a list.
- Click the post that you wish to reply to.
- Click the blue "Reply to Thread" button.
- Enter the comment you would like to reply with.
- Click the blue "Post" button.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org