Topics Map > IT Services > A/V Services
Topics Map > IT Services > Device Support
Wireless (Mac) - Connect to Wireless with Apple TV
How to connect your Apple TV to Titan WiFi or Eduroam
Please note: Anywhere Titan WiFi is used in this document, Eduroam also applies
To connect an Apple TV to Titan WiFi or Eduroam you will need:
- An Apple Computer running OS X Lion v10.7.2 or higher that can connect to Titan WiFi or Eduroam
- The latest Apple Configurator Installed on Apple Computer
- A Micro-USB Cable
- An Apple TV 2nd or 3rd Generation up-to-date
- An Ethernet Cable
- A HDMI Cable hooked up to a TV
- On your Mac, make sure you are logged onto Titan WiFi or Eduroam.
- Go to Spotlight on the top-right and search for Keychain Access.
- In Keychain Access make sure your Login Keychain is highlighted and the Certificates category is highlighted.
- Locate three certificates: nps.uwosh.edu, GeoTrust Global CA, & RapidSSL SHA256 CA -G3
- Right Click each of them SEPARATELY and export to a location (desktop is a great place).
- After that make sure you have your Apple TV hooked up to the Ethernet Cable and registered to MyUWO Portal. Make sure that your Apple TV is up-to-date.
- Plug-in your Apple TV to your Mac and start Apple Configurator. It should automatically pop-up with the Apple TV Configurator screen.
- Don't Enroll
- Don't Install
- Create a New Profile
- Go to the Certificates tab and add both of the Certificates you saved earlier.
- Go to the Wi-Fi tab and add Titan WiFi or Eduroam. Make sure it looks exactly as it does below.
- SSID= Titan WiFi (or Eduroam)
- Security Type= WPA/WPA 2 Enterprise
- Protocols= PEAP
- username is your NetID (what you use for D2L)
- Password is your NetID Password (Password that you use for D2L)
- Outer Identity is your NetID (what you use for D2L)
- Now click the Trust Tab
- Check all three of the certificates as trusted.
- Select the Profile and click next.
- Select Configure
- Follow the instructions
- If you see this you should have successfully configured Titan WiFi or Eduroam.
- On your Apple TV go to your settings and AirPlay, make sure you setup a passcode so your device is more secure on the network. Check out Apple's Instructions here.