Printing - Choosing a default printer
This document provides instructions on how to choose your default printer
How to choose a default printer
If more than one printer is connected to your computer, you can choose one to use by default. Choose the printer you will use most often. That way, when you print using Windows or your programs, you won't have to select a printer each time.
- Select the Start button
- Select Settings
- Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage
- Then select Set as default. Note: If you have Let Windows manage my default printer selected, you'll need to deselect it before you can choose a default printer on your own.
- Click Finder
- Click Applications > System Preferences
- Click Printers and Scanners
- Right click desired printer > Set as default printer
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org