Printing (Pharos) - Student Printing
This document will outline where students can go to print documents through the Pharos Print System.
What is Pharos?Pharos is the print management system used for student printing. This system allows for a consistent print experience for students and allows for students to print from almost any device.
Types of Printing
- MobilePrint - ability to send print job to firstname.lastname@example.org from any device and Pharos will separate the email and all attachments into separate print jobs.
- Direct Print - print jobs are sent through Pharos and release directly to the printer in that area.
- Secure Release - print jobs are sent to Pharos and held for release at the release stations near the printers.
Wireless Printing Information
Student Printing Locations
- Polk Reference
- Polk Student Technology Center
- Reeve Union
- Athletic Training
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Resources
- College of Business
- College of Education and Human Services
- College of Nursing
- Computer Science
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Multicultural Education Center
- Sage Survey Lab
- Student Support
- Writing Center
STUDENT PRINTING FAQ
The Student Technology Fee Committee (STFC) in partnership with Information Technology has created a helpful FAQ with answers to the most common questions regarding the Pharos Print System.
What is STFC?
The Student Technology Fee Committee (STFC) is charged with prioritizing and recommending projects for disbursement of the Student Technology Fee. The Student Technology Fee (STF) is a tuition surcharge that provides students with adequate technology experiences through several objectives.
My student account comes with $10. Where did this come from and why that amount?
The $10 allotted to you each fall and spring for printing (and $5 for summer) comes from the Student Technology Fee (STF) that each student contributes as part of their tuition. The allotments to the students is the equitable distribution of printing funds from STF.
The amounts were allocated based on the 2011-2013 print usage statistics. In an effort for the university to be more sustainable, IT worked with the Oshkosh Student Association (OSA) to help reduce the amount of student printing on campus. To reduce printing by 10%, the print allotments were set at 2,500 sheets per year (1,000 for Fall; 1,000 for Spring; 500 for Summer).
What happens when my print allotment is gone?
If you spend the print allotment for any given semester, additional printing is automatically charged to your Titan Dollars. All charges to Titan Dollars are giving back to STF to subsidize the additional printing.
What will be done with the money saved from less student printing?
Funds previously spent on printer supplies and maintenance will remain in the STF pool to be spend on other student technology initiatives.
What about students who print as part of their on-campus jobs?
Students should be authorized to use department printers as part of their job. Student employees will not be charged for job-related printing from department printers. All jobs printed to lab printers are charged against the student’s print allotment.
How do I add more money to my printing balance?
If students have exhausted their print allotment as well as their Titan Dollars, UW Oshkosh provides multiple ways to add additional Titan Dollars.
- Online Deposits - Able to add (or have gifted) Titan Dollars using a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover)
- Titan Central - Able to add funds with cash, check, or credit card. Titan Service Hours
- Cash Deposit Kiosks - Use the self-serve deposit station in Scott Hall and Reeve Union that accepts $1, $5, $10 and $20 dollar bills.
How do I see how much money I have for printing?
- Pharos Funds
- Titan Dollars
- Online Deposits - After login, you’ll be able to see where you’ve spent your Titan Dollars, what your current balance is, and ways to add additional funds.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com