Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Lynda.com - Video is not Playing
This document will give you some troubleshooting steps to take if you have problems playing a Lynda.com online training video.
Problems Playing a Lynda.com Training VideoThese are possible problems when you are not able to play a Lynda training video.
Disable PopUp BlockerSome users have reported issues with their popup blocker. You may need to disable it before using Lynda.com content.
Update QuickTimeMake sure you have the latest version of QuickTime installed. It's free to download from the Apple website.
- Go to http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ (this can be used for older versions of quicktime)
- Run a software update for the Apple Menu to see if a QuickTime update is available
- Click the Apple in the upper left corner of the computer
- Select Software Update...
- A screen will show the list of available software to update
- If QuickTime shows, click Update
- Run the update if needed.
Windows Media Player (Internet Explorer users only)Lynda.com has a Flash versions of all content.
To see if that player works better for you do the following:
- Make sure you are logged into Lynda.com
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of the window
- Select latest Flash from the player options.
- Click Save