Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Websites - Determining Whether Site is Plone or Wordpress
This document describes how to determine whether a unit website is run by the Plone or Wordpress content management systems.
First step in website support
Campus unit websites are created in either the Plone or Wordpress content management systems. Both are systems for creating and maintaining websites, but they work differently. For campus IT to provide website support accurately and efficiently, it is important for them to know which content management system (CMS) is running your site.
Login to your site
The first step is to login to your site. Fortunately, logging in can be done similarly regardless of the CMS.
- Open a browser and go to your site's homepage.
- In the address bar at the end of your site's web address, type login or /login so that it looks like the example below.
- Login with your credentials.
Your site is Plone if...
- You can find a Site Setup link in a menu like the examples below:
- Clicking Site Setup navigates to a page that includes a Version Overview section listing the version of Plone running the site.
Your site is Wordpress if...
- After you login, the Wordpress logo () appears in the upper left of the window.
- The At a Glance box on the Dashboard displays what version of Wordpress is running.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org