Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Plone (Plone 4.3) - Page not updated after saving
This document provides troubleshooting tips when a page updated in Plone does not display changes made to it.
Plone page editing
This troubleshooting document assumes the reader has made changes to a page in a Plone site and clicked the Save button below the editing box.
If the page does not display the changes, follow these troubleshooting steps.
The problem could be caused by the web browser pulling the website out of its cache of saved data rather than reloading the site information from the internet.
- Locate your browser's reload button.
- Generally appears as an arrow going in a circle. For example, the reload button in Firefox on Linux Mint 17 appears at the right side of the address bar.
The refresh button on Chrome on Linux Mint 17 is the green button to the left of the address bar.
- Hold down the shift key on your keyboard and click the refresh button.
- Release the shift key.
This generally solves the problem. If the page still displays as it did before your edits, try viewing it in a different browser.
If it still does not display, it is possible the Cancel button was clicked rather than the Save button. A page's history will show when it was last edited. The check the history contains the most recent change:
- Click on History above the page content that you edited.
- On the History pop-up, look at the top entry. It should contain your username and the time you edited it if the changes were saved.
- Click Compare below the top entry in the History pop-up to view the changes made to the page and see if they match the ones you made.
If you do not see your change in the history, try editing the page again, making a brief test edit to see if that appears in the page after you save. If it does, try making your original changes again.
Contact the Help Desk
If you are still unable to view the edited page, contact the Help Desk. Be sure to let them know:
- If your changes appear in the history, but not on the pages in any browser
- If you save a test edit and it does not appear in the page, nor in the history
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com