Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Qualtrics - Using Qualtrics
Guidance for creating an account, learning to use Qualtrics and get support.
What is Qualtrics
- Qualtics is an online survey software tool
Does it Cost Anything
- No, UW Oshkosh has a campus license to use the tool
Create an Account
To start creating surveys using Qualtrics you will need to create an account.
- Register for an account at https://oshkosh.qualtrics.com/ with the your NetID user name and password
- To set up a departmental account contact Julie Thyssen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1348.
- You will need to provide the departmental email address you wish to use.
- After the account is set up you need to sign on at qualtrics.com, not oshkosh.qualtrics.com
Qualtrics provides detailed instruction and guidance online, including tutorials like Getting Started in 5 Steps. Check out the links at the top of the page to learn by topic, or search for specific answers. If you cannot find information to help you, contact the Help Desk.
Surveying Students on Campus
If you are planning to survey students, you will need to contact the Director of Grants and Faculty Development with a quick explanation of your purpose and subject population and he will determine if it needs further Institutional Review Board examination. If he approves, he notifies the appropriate site administrator and they will activate the survey you have created so it can be distributed and responded to. If he determines it needs IRB approval, you will have follow IRB submission procedures.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com