Topics Map > IT Services > Web App Consultation
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Plone - Hide Content from Navigation
Instructions for how to exclude content from navigation.
What type of content shows in the navigation?
Folders and pages will always show in the navigation. The other types of content that show in the navigation may vary based on your site setup.
Why would I want to hide content from navigation?When upload images to the site you need to organize them in a folder. You don't need everyone to see where you are saving the image on the site, so it is normal practice to hide a folder that is used to save your images from navigation. The same is true for when you upload documents to a site.
Hiding content from navigation
- You must be logged into the site with your NetID username and password and have permissions to make this change.
- Navigate to the content you would like to hide from navigation
- Select the edit tab
- Select the Settings tab
- Check the box in front of Exclude from navigation
- Select Save
- The item will not show in the navigation unless you are logged in and currently looking at it
Navigating to hidden content
- The easiest way to navigate to hidden content is to go to the Home folder of the site
- Click on the Contents tab
- If the content is in a folder click on the folder to drill down to the level where your content item is
- Remember the item will show in the navigation when you are logged in and currently looking at it