Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Microsoft Office - Office 365
UWO staff and students who have a current university email account (TitanApps) may install this software on devices that either use Windows or Mac OS. For devices where an install isn't possible, online apps are also available.
Who is the software for?
- Current Students
- Current Faculty/Staff
Where can the software be installed?
- On a student or staff members personal machine
- This should not be done on a campus owned machine. For campus software installations please contact the IT Help Desk.
Office 365 Installation Steps
- Go to the Office in Education Website
- In the ‘Office in education’ area, enter your full UWO email address and click on Get started.
- If you are faculty or staff, click on I’m a teacher.
- If you see We know you, it means you have already created an account. Click on Sign in and skip to Step 8.
- If prompted, check your email after closing the window. Look for the Subject line containing Finish signing up for Office 365 Education.
- Verify your email address and click on Yes, that’s me.
- Enter your first name, last name, a new password, and re-enter the new password to confirm (the password must be 8-16 characters and contain at least 1 of all of the following: upper case, lower case, number, and special character (!@#$%^&[*]\|:;’,”~`/?()-+=).Click on Enter.
- Enter your password and click on Sign in.
- If you see No need to sign up, click on OK, I got it.
- If installing onto a Windows operating system, uncheck both the Make Bing your search engine and Make MSN your browser homepage boxes located above ‘Install now’.Click on Install now.
- If asked, save the installer file into your Downloads folder.
- Look in your Downloads folder or Apple desktop for a ‘Setup?.exe’ or ‘MicrosoftOffice?.dmg’ file and double-click it (the ‘Date modified’ column can help find the recently downloaded file). The file download and install may take a few minutes depending on your Internet speed.
- If the ‘Office Installer’ icon appears, double-click it and follow the instructions.If prompted, click on Run and follow the instructions.NOTE: ‘Customize’ will allow you to select which Office components you wish to install and may save hard drive space if that is a concern.If you see "We found a problem" and it says you currently have a 64-bit version installed, complete the following steps:
- go to the ‘office.com’ website
- sign in if needed (top right corner)
- click on other installs (located under ‘Install Office’ button)
- change ‘Version’ to 64-bit by clicking on Advanced and use the pull-down menu
- click on Install
- if asked to save, repeat Step 11 to Step 13
- Close any open windows.
NOTE: Use ‘office.com’ and sign in for additional installs or to use online apps.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com