Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Adobe Photoshop - Photo Filters
This guide will show you how to add photo filter adjustment layers to your images and how to determine the additional settings needed to enhance your images.
To add a Photo Filter adjustment layer:
- Select Adjustments from the panels on the right hand side of the window.
- Select the Photo Filter icon located in the second row, fourth from the left. It looks like a camera with a circle.
- Adjust the type of filter using the presets, or create a custom color using the color option.
- Choose the percent Density desired.
- Check or uncheck Preserve Luminosity depending on desired result.
- Click off of the Photo Filters options once desired effect is achieved.
Opacity percentages can be changed to allow the photo filter to be more apparent. This can be done on artistic filters and blend modes.
There is also another option known as "preserve luminosity". This will keep the brightness/darkness of the photo the same as the original, even though the colors have changed.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com