Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Adobe Illustrator - Saving a .PDF
This guide will show you how to export artwork out of illustrator as a PDF, one of the most common formats used to share documents between computers.
- Go to the File menu, and choose Save As.
- Inside of the Save As dialog box, go down here to the Save as type, choose PDF.
- Click Save.
- Save Adobe PDF dialog box will pop up. At the top of the PDF dialog box, there are several different presets to choose from.
- The Illustrator Default is High Quality Print, which is good for most laser printers
- Press Quality, which should be suitable for most printing presses
- Smallest File Size, which should basically only be used if the file is going to the Web only.
- There are also options for Compression, which controls the way bitmap images are compressed inside of thr PDF.
- If there are bitmap images in the file, take a look at this, and adjust the settings accordingly.
- There are also options to setup Marks and Bleeds, like Printer's Marks.
- Click Save PDF, A warning box will appear stating that Saving this document with "Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities" unchecked may disable some editing features when the document is read back in. Basically, this is saying that saving without checking this box, when the file is brought back into Illustrator, it will no longer be editable.
- Click OK.
- It's then going to create the PDF, and it's going to send it out, and open it in Acrobat, or Acrobat Reader.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org