Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Adobe Illustrator - Saving for the Web
This guide will show you the basics of saving artwork for the web.
- Go to the File menu, and choose Save for Web.
- The keyboard shortcut is Alt+ Shift+Control+S on a pc, or Option+Shift+Command+S on the Mac.
- This format uses compression, an algorithmic way of removing some information, and selectively chooses information to get rid of based on how it is saved.
- As a source photo, save the JPEG at it’s highest quality.
- This is also the best simple file-sharing format, not allowing for restrictions on viewing and printing.
- Saving over the same JPEG file should be avoided. After saving multiple times, the file recompresses which can cause distortions in the file.
- Choose Low, Medium, Very High, or Maximum resolution JPEG.
- This format supports only 256 colors. Tt has become the go to standard for soundless animations on the web. For still imagery, this file format is mainly used for logos.
- This format can use a full alpha channel mask, and has 256 levels of transparency.
- Drag the slider to the left, to compress the image more, and turn back the quality. By dragging to the right, the file is compressed less, maintaining the quality, but also increasing the file size.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org